Monday, December 4, 2006

Interesting things in first semester

In the first sem I was , and I am still , very good friends with shiraz , tamal , rohit and abdul. I had a thing for walking long distances in the campus and was promptly named the rocket because of it.
We had a standard route for roaming around in the night. Shiraz and rohit would come to my room , we would then go to ex hall , pester people studying there , go to Nescafe and back to hostel.
About these sojourns two interesting things I remember. We once went to ex hall where abhishek was studying/pretending to study finance with akanksha. So we go there, talk to him in general ( test his patience more like) and walk off to Nescafe. At Nescafe I feel like we should visit abhi again. So we come back to ex hall and there he is , studying.
But the interesting thing is, even after 25 min , he is still reading the same page.
So we said to him “kya yaar , page to change kar liya kar , it makes for a good pretense”
All this while , shikha was sitting near them and studying. Suddenly , she gets all fired up.
Ppl like u , she says , u study in hostel and then do not let other ppl study. The bitch , I cud have killed her. But then I just walked away. Of course when the first sem results came, I was way behind the bitch, which was not an issue with me, I cud hardly care less. I did care later on in 3rd sem when a 8 CGPA was considered necessary , but thts a different story.

One more thing , for all abhi studying with akanksha,, he lost to the playboy of our class , Shankar. I had seen Shankar with the most amazing of babes, lots of times. For someone like me , he was an ideal, which of course I never achieved.
One more thing , during my first few days at IIT , I had tagged akanksha as “the kind of girl u take home to meet ur mom”, boy I never knew how wrong I was.
So during the last day of rendezvous, ppl se akanksha leaving the campus with Shankar and she comes back at 5 am, which also some ppl noticed.
From then till now , I am still ridiculed by friends abt the take home girl.
Abhi of course , promptly went off to haridwar for rafting , but some ppl said that he had taken sanyas.

No comments: